When CBS debuted Survivor thirty seasons ago, it was not the show it is today. It has evolved over time; the show itself innovated, and occasionally the players themselves would change the game for them. That history inspired this series, where we’ll examine the thirty moments that shaped Survivor from Borneo to Worlds Apart.
In this podcast, Andy and John debate which moments are important enough to make the list. Part one of the podcast covers the first ten seasons of the show, from Borneo to Palau.
The list is not yet set in stone, and we welcome suggestions from all of you as to what moments are most worthy. But first, our guidelines:
- Anything we’re calling a “moment” had to occur on the actual CBS broadcast version of Survivor (CBS or whichever station airs it in your country; we know we have international listeners)
- These are not the biggest strategic moments, or the funniest moments, or the most amazing moments; it can be any of those, but it must also have had some sort of lasting impact on the game or the show itself
- Very recent seasons (particularly San Juan del Sur and Worlds Apart) will have an uphill battle making the list, since it’s hard to evaluate their impact
- That time Leif slept in a box does not count
We always welcome your comments, but this time we’re actively soliciting them. You can leave a comment here, tweet us @purplerockpod, or email us at purplerockpodcast on gmail. As always, thanks for listening!
Latest posts by purplerockpodcast (see all)
- Survivor: Game Changers Fantasy League Purple Rock Staff Draft - February 21, 2017
- The Top 10 Moments of Survivor: Millennials vs Gen X - December 21, 2016
- Purple Rock Survivor Podcast: Millennials vs. Gen X finale “Going for the Million Bucks” - December 17, 2016