Because there’s a lot of former Survivors on this season, Andy and Emma decide to check out the first season of The Challenge USA and… wait, did they really podcast for almost two hours?
In this episode, the Purple Rock Podcast discusses:
- Disclaimers: this is a podcast from long-time Survivor fans who know next to nothing about The Challenge franchise or anybody else on this cast that aren’t from Survivor. So there will be no deep analysis here.
- Spoiler warning: we discuss the events of the first six episodes of this season and the previous Survivor seasons of the participants.
- Why exactly are we doing this?
- How we’re enjoying watching this show.
- General observations on the structure of the show.
- Fawning over Tyson. This is a Tyson-cast.
- The other Survivors (but only a little).
- The current Survivor-centric plotline
- If we were to cast Survivors for a future Challenge USA season, who would we pick?
- The non-Survivor contestants (even less than the non-Tyson Survivors).
- The algorithm.
- Hopes for the rest of the season.
Also a bunch of random bullshit about things like American Idol and America’s Next Top Model and whatever.
Co-host of the Purple Rock Survivor Podcast and the Canadian of the group, Andy has been watching Survivor continuously since the very beginning and likes to treat that as some kind of virtue to lord over others.
Favourite seasons: Heroes vs Villains, Cagayan, Cook Islands, Palau, Winners at War
Favourite players: Boston Rob, Kim Spradlin, Tony Vlachos, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Yul Kwon, Rob Cesternino