Since there’s no new Survivor to watch and discuss, we’ve decided to cover old Survivor. REALLY old Survivor. Join us as we go back to 2003 and discuss the premiere episode of Survivor: Pearl Islands.
In this episode, the Andy and Emma discuss:
- What we’re doing with this watch-along and why.
- Is this the best premiere in series history?
- Should Survivor have done the “buy your supplies” gimmick again?
- Was the shipwreck in your clothes a good invention for the show?
- What stood out for how Survivor has changed between now and then? (Note: the connection got garbled in this section, so a portion is cut out)
- Who were the standouts this episode?
- How differently does “three dudes strip naked” play in 2020?
- Weekly updog: what small thing are you doing to attempt to stay sane?
- Spoiler discussion: what stood out in this episode to set up what’s yet to come?
Reminder: we’re trying to keep the main discussion this season free of spoilers of future events of this season (including who may or may not return for other seasons). If you’d like to discuss future events, do so while using spoiler tags:
We stan a respectful comment board.
The Purple Rock Survivor Podcast is among the top 500 Survivor podcasts on iTunes.